Ted Baker social media engaging consumers around their international expansion
Ted Baker shows how a fashion brand can use social media to engage consumers around an expansion into new international markets. UK and US consumers say the New York store “looks amazing” and ask for a Ted Baker store near them.
Ted Baker, the UK fashion brand, is undergoing an international expansion with stores opening across the globe. Ted Baker uses their social media presence on Facebook to engage international consumers around their most recent store opening in New York, but also support their international expansion by promoting competitions, their clothing range and special offers. WaveMetrix has seen how similar brands, such as Desigual, are using social media to support their international expansion.
WaveMetrix social media monitoring shows how Ted Baker content on store openings is driving consumer engagement. Consumers say the new New York store is “great” and Ted Baker products are “stylish” and “fabulous”. By using 100% human coding, WaveMetrix can ascertain that the focus on store openings prompts consumers from the UK, US and other countries to ask for new stores near them.
Social media content on the New York store opening drives consumer discussion:
- Consumers discuss “amazing” New York store: People say they “must shop in” the “great” New York store or “wish” that they lived close to New York. The store opening prompts consumers to say they are “excited” about new stores such as the Chicago one. Others say it “would be nice” to have a store near where they live, while others ask about the brand's “online” stores
- Fashion show videos and photos prompt consumers to discuss the “fabulous” product range: Consumers say they “love” their “awesome” Ted Baker clothes and “really want” certain items. Some say how the models have “the chic and stylish” Ted Baker look
- The social media content prompts some brand buzz: Some consumers say they “love” Ted Baker as it is their “favourite” brand
Ted Baker are driving consumer engagement at an international level:
- Over a third of consumers who respond to Ted Baker are from the UK: They discuss UK store locations with some saying they “wish” there were a “local” store near them. They say the New York store is “very nice”. Some discuss the “fab” products, saying “British style is awesome”
- Around a third of consumers are from the USA: They are more engaged around the New York store opening with some also requesting a store closer to their location. A few say they are “hooked” on Ted Baker or “love” Ted Baker clothing
- Ted Baker engages some consumers from other international locations: They also inquire if there are Ted Baker stores near them, such as in Toronto, Tokyo or Dubai, or comment on the “fabulous” clothing