Jason Hardman's recent articles
Owners recommend HTC Desire HD because it is “fast” and “can do everything”
WaveMetrix analysis allows brands to receive prompt and actionable insight from consumers following the launch of a product or marketing campaign. Owners say they chose the Desire HD over the iPhone 4 and recommend the handset because the “fast response” and “amazing Android Market” means the Desire HD “can do everything”.
The HTC Desire HD has launched over the past few weeks across a range of UK network operators. The HTC Desire HD has an improved spec from the successful HTC Desire with a 1GHZ Scorpion CPU, 8MP camera with dual LED flash and improved HTC Sense features. WaveMetrix has analysed buzz from owners posted on specialist forums, blogs and review sites to understand the initial consumer response and examine why owners recommend the handset to others.
WaveMetrix social media monitoring shows that owners have a very positive first impression of the HTC Desire HD. They love the “super-bright” screen, “fast response” and “solid weight”. The small amount of negative buzz is due to the battery “draining quickly”. Consumers recommend the Desire HD over the iPhone 4 because the “fast response” and “amazing Android market” means the Desire HD “can do everything”.
Owners of the HTC Desire HD have a very positive first impression of the handset:
- The vast majority of HTC Desire HD buzz from owners is positive in sentiment: Owners “love” the “fantastic, super-bright LCD screen” and the “very responsive” processor. They say the Desire HD is the “perfect size”, “solid” and “a good weight” and praise the “intuitive Sense interface”. Owners like the prospect of Android Market which has a “whole world of Android apps”, “free apps galore” and is a “great rival to the Apple App Store”
- One quarter of feedback from owners is negative in sentiment: Negative buzz is driven by a “bad battery” that “drains quickly, not lasting 24 hours”. A few say the battery cover is “weak plastic” and there is a “small gap near the cover where dust will get in”
Recommendations are driven by buzz on the hardware, features and comparisons to competitors:
- Owners say the “great” hardware makes the Desire HD the “best and fastest handset”: They praise the HD for the “fast response”, “solid battery that gets 24 hours” and a “great screen” that is the “brightest I’ve ever seen”
- Users like that “you can do everything with this phone”: They love Android Market that “may soon overtake Apple App Store” and lets them download “free apps” and “use social networks on the go”. They praise the “great 8MP camera” and the “best video quality”
- Owners “picked the HTC Desire HD over the iPhone 4”: The Desire HD is “impressive” and “blows the iPhone out of the water” due to a “better camera” and “great call quality”
- Some recommend the HTC Desire HD because of its value and design: They say the HTC Desire HD is “perfectly weighted” with a “luxury feel”. Others say the Desire HD is “the best phone for £35 a month” and “better priced than the iPhone 4”