Bob and Lush successfully use Facebook reviews to promote their image for best quality dog food
Inviting consumer reviews on Facebook can be a good strategy when they reinforce brand values and promote positivity. Premium UK dog food brand Bob & Lush capitalise on their reputation for best quality dog food to attract testimonials from people with first-hand experience. This can be particularly effective for brands, like Bob & Lush, which offer a health benefit, as consumers authentically reinforce their claim to promote “excellent health”.
Bob & Lush promote their food as "both healthy and super tasty"
- Reviews say consumers “love” Bob & Lush’s “superb” food: most reviews contain general praise, with reviewers frequently recommending the food to others
- 25% of consumers endorse the “amazing” health benefits of Bob & Lush: satisfied customers happily relate personal anecdotes explaining how the brand has helped their dog
- High pricing drives a small amount of negativity: Several consumers say that Bob & Lush is “too expensive” for them
- Consumer reviews add a testimonial element, reassuring potentially sceptical customers: reviews add not only positivity, but vital authenticity to the brand’s claims to produce healthy, best quality dog food
- The only major negative consumers express about Bob & Lush is the cost, with only a small minority saying the food is not good value: premium brands expect to attract criticism for the price of their products, but every consumer wants to feel like they got good value. Critical reviews of Bob & Lush comment more on the outright price, which is “simply not affordable”, than they criticise the product as “not worth the money”